We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BW Premier Eden or BIH Family Inn?

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
BW Premier Eden or BIH Family Inn?

We are traveling to Lancaster mid August to see Jonah. We have never been before and are traveling with three children- 5, 10 and 11. We initially thought of staying at the Bird in Hand Family Inn because it had pools, petting zoo, meals included. A friend just got back from Lancaster and thought we might like BW Premier Eden. Does anyone have any thought on this?

Thank you!

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BW Premier Eden or BIH Family Inn?

The Eden Resort is always a good choice. The only negative thing about it is that some of the villas are a bit close to the highway. It is definitely one of the best Best Westerns (could pass as a Sheraton) and I would highly recommend checking it out. Recent renovations have made the hotel even better than before.

The Bird In Hand Family Inn consists of two buildings-an older motel and a more modern section. The rooms are basic and nothing special. I would personally rather stay at the Eden. Hope this helps.

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BW Premier Eden or BIH Family Inn?

Thank you- I am just having such a hard time deciding.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BW Premier Eden or BIH Family Inn?

I would probably choose the Eden also, but I could totally understand why someone else would not. The Eden is modern with all the comforts you expect and a fantastic pool and play area. It is probably the nicest hotel for families in the county. However, it is also at the intersection of 2 of Lancaster's busiest highways (Rt. 30 and Rt. 222) and closer to Lancaster City. You'll have to travel on Rt. 30, which can often be very busy and congested, to get to the major Amish tourism spots and the Sight and Sound Theater. A lot of people are happy to go with older and fewer amenities in order to stay closer to the countryside and Amish attractions. It really depends on what type of hotel experience your family is used to.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BW Premier Eden or BIH Family Inn?

Why not consider the Fulton Steamboat Inn? It is right in the middle of the tourist area and is more upscale than Bird In Hand.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
28 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BW Premier Eden or BIH Family Inn?

I'm a big fan of the Eden Resort for the reasons other people have already mentioned - they have great pools (one indoor and one outdoor), the accommodations are beautiful, and the staff always polite and go the extra mile to make your stay nice. That being said, the location is right near the highways and can be loud if you are in a villa. Just to note - they do have packages (look on their website) that would include breakfast and/or dinner, my husband and I live locally and still make it a habit to go to the Eden yearly for the Perfect Getaway package (which includes both breakfast and dinner).

6. Re: BW Premier Eden or BIH Family Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 22:46