We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for good affordable eats in Lancaster,Pa.

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for good affordable eats in Lancaster,Pa.

Hi,My wife and I will be in Lancaster Pa. Feburary of 2013.We are looking for the best Philly Cheese steak, Fish & Chips, New York style pie and a good Omelette...Any ideas?

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for good affordable eats in Lancaster,Pa.

How about what Lancaster is known for?- Pennsylvania Dutch food.

I would reccomend Oregon Dairy Family Restaurant. They have good breakfasts too.

Try the scrapple- like goetta only with cornmeal.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
140 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for good affordable eats in Lancaster,Pa.

Captain Gus's steaks is the most popular for Philly cheese steaks and is located on Orange St., Lancaster. The owner is originally from Philadelphia. For NY style pizza, you can try House off Pizza on Chestnut St. and Two Cousin's Pizza on Lancaster Highway East.

I agree with the previous comment that the Pennsylvania/Amish style cooking is the best. We love to go to Dienner's Amish Buffet - cheap & tasty, whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

Over the Rainbow
Level Contributor
401 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for good affordable eats in Lancaster,Pa.

I'm not a NY Pie expert by any means, but I've heard that Pie in the Sky Pizza at the corner of Lampeter Rd and Millport Rd has the most authentic NY style.

Omlette?? If you stay at a B&B, you'll get the best breakfast....ever...anywhere!

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for good affordable eats in Lancaster,Pa.

Caruso's has awesome pizza. There are various shops around Lancaster. I agree, House of Pizza is good, but my favorite is Caruso's. I'm originally from Wilmington, DE, just south of Philly.

Cheese Steaks, on the other hand, I would suggest PJ's in Columbia. Short drive, about 8 miles from Lancaster City.

By far the best breakfast, to me, is The Park City Diner, across from the Park City Mall.

Enjoy your stay.

PA, USA
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for good affordable eats in Lancaster,Pa.

breakfast, try on orange (orange street, lancaster city).

steaks - lots of good options. captain gus' is an institution. great food, great family. i've recently started getting sandwiches at highland pizzeria, just off oregon pike, they've been great so far and they have a nice selection of takeout beers.

fish & chips, try bull's head in lititz. the place will be packed on weekend nights. alternatively, the pub at stoudt's in adamstown. can't tell you what their fish & chips is like, but i do love their bratwurst (not sure if that is on the pub menu or just the dining room menu). quirky place and good beer.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
216 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for good affordable eats in Lancaster,Pa.

For best cheese steak in lancaster hands down Thomas Campus grille http://www.thomascampusgrille.com/

Best New York Style pie and this is coming from a Long Island ny transplant

My Place Pizza 1040 Harrisburg Avenue Lancaster, PA 17603

and just because your title is asking for good affordable eats, if you enjoy asian cuisine some of the best Vietnamese I have had is located in town at Rice and Noodles http://riceandnoodlesrestaurant.com/ their portions are generous and extremely affordable

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for good affordable eats in Lancaster,Pa.

If you're in downtown Lancaster, The Red Rose on King St. has great breakfasts. They might have the omelette you're looking for.

8. Re: Looking for good affordable eats in Lancaster,Pa.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 09:15