We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Willow Valley Resort, Fairfield, Courtyard Marriott,

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New YOrk
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Willow Valley Resort, Fairfield, Courtyard Marriott,

Hampton or Fulton Steamboat Inn? Anyone give me an opinion. My husband, me and our 15 and 20 year old sons will be visiting the Lancaster and Hershey area. My brother and family booked the Bird in Hand family inn, there isn't any more vacancies there. So, I have to find another place. Would you recommend any of those named or any others? We'd like to stay in the same room...could use 2 queens and a sofabed. Thanks for any imput in advance.

Linda

Salisbury, Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Willow Valley Resort, Fairfield, Courtyard Marriott,

Willow Valley is a great place, definatly a destination in and of itself. I've stayed with my family, teenage children, and we stayed in one of their deluxe suites. We had 2 bathrooms and 2 seperate bedrooms. The food was wonderul and entirely too much for any of us! The staff was very friendly, the facilities were very clean. The only downfall is that they are a little distance from the attractions, about 20 minutes, however, their grounds are beautiful and we didn't mind the drive to anything. The front desk had great pre-printed direction cards to everywhere! We will definately be back.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Willow Valley Resort, Fairfield, Courtyard Marriott,

You could also try one of the new suites at the Best Western Eden Resort. I haven't stayed in one but have heard numerous positive things about these recently added rooms. You can choose from either a two-room king suite or a two-room queen suite. I think that the two-room queen suite would be best for you family. The bedroom contains two queen beds and there is a sofa bed and an additional queen bed in the living room. Both the living room and bedroom contain large flat-screen tv's, which is not something that you will find in most hotels. Also, the room has a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker, as well as free wireless high speed Internet access and an in-room safe. Feel free to visit http://www.edenresort.com/rooms_twosuites.cfm for more details. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Willow Valley Resort, Fairfield, Courtyard Marriott,

I have been to BIH a few years ago it was very nice with all of the pools. You should keep calling because they do get cancellations. The first time we went I had called a few days prior to when we were going to be in the area and luckily there was a cancellation so we were very lucky to be in the right place at the right time. Other than that Fulton may be closer to BIH than the other places but it is an older hotel (never stayed there though). I have been to Willow Valley twice and love it, the grounds are nice and great for younger kids with the water park. Being your kids are older you may want to try the new Eden Resort with the 2 room suites. Depending when you go you can get a reasonable price on the room. We will be trying them out in 3 weeks as they have gotten nothing but rave reviews.

NY
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Willow Valley Resort, Fairfield, Courtyard Marriott,

Try the Best Western Revere Inn. Suites go fast, so it may already be booked. but they have a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath l/r kitchenette suite. real nice, fireplace. great breakfasts also. the master bedroom is a king bed, the 2nd bedroom has a queen. Would they share a bed? Much nicer place then the Bird in Hand. They also have a family suite which is an oversized room, with 2 queens, a half wall and a queen sofabed. 2 tv's. good luck.

5. Re: Willow Valley Resort, Fairfield, Courtyard Marriott,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 03:20