We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tour from NYC to Lancaster Amish Country

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day tour from NYC to Lancaster Amish Country

Hi there,

I'm considering booking this tour(www.allnewyorktours.com/body.asp…), and was wondering about the Amish Market it visits - has anyone been there? I'm interested in buying some traditional craft items (dolls, quilts, etc) and was wondering if it's possible to do that here? Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tour from NYC to Lancaster Amish Country

See my post in response to your question on the New York forum.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tour from NYC to Lancaster Amish Country

That's an awful lot to jam into one day. Half of the day will be spent on the bus. If you want to see the Amish in Lancaster County then I would suggest renting a car and spending a couple days there.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tour from NYC to Lancaster Amish Country

Thanks for your reply :) yeah I know it will make for a long day, but I only have one day available, and I'm not confident about driving in a foreign country by myself (I'm Australian, so the whole other-side-of-the-road thing would be an issue for me). I don't mind spending time on a bus if it means getting to see part of the countryside, but I want to know if I'll have time to buy some Amish handcrafted items.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tour from NYC to Lancaster Amish Country

Have you read my reply to your New York post? Since there is no place named the 'Amish Market 'it really depends where they are actually going.

Given their vague itinerary and incorrect description of Amish life, I would not be optimistic that you will wind up at a place that sells authentic Amish crafts.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day tour from NYC to Lancaster Amish Country

You could contact the tour company and ask your question.

6. Re: Day tour from NYC to Lancaster Amish Country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 04:20