We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy an Amish Quilt?

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy an Amish Quilt?

Where's the best place to buy an Amish quilt? Farmer's markets? Store?

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy an Amish Quilt?

You won't find quilts at a Farmers Market.(or if you do the selection will be very limited and pricy)

The cheapest place would be a mudsale auction held at different fire companys on Saturdays in the Spring. Lisa travels has just posted a very good trip report on her experience at the Robert Fulton Fire Company mudsale on April 5th, on the Lancaster County forum.

If a mudsale won't work go to the tourist website www.padutchcountry.com for a list of the many quilt shops.

My personal favorite, for a very large selection and comparatively good prices (although not as inexpensive as buying at a mudsale) would be Riehl's quilts, located on a n Amish Farm.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy an Amish Quilt?

PS I see from your other posts you will be here over Easter. No mudsales Easter weekend.

Also, I assume you know that almost all quilt shops will be closed Easter Sunday.

What you may not know is that the Amish run ones (such as Riehl's and Countryside Road Stand), will be closed Good Friday (a day of fasting for the Amish). Many Mennonite run shops may be closed Good Friday also. If you are interested in a particular shop I would call before I viist.

Everyone should be open Saturday.

Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy an Amish Quilt?

Thank you for letting me know. I was planning on going to Riehl's on Friday but I guess I'll have to switch my days up. Thanks!!

4. Re: Where to buy an Amish Quilt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 06:16