We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sesame Place from Toronto - need help planning

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
82 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Sesame Place from Toronto - need help planning

I'm planning on taking our 2.5 year old to Sesame Place some time this summer.

1. Is four days including driving enough? 2 days driving and 2 days at Sesame Place and/or other attractions.

2. At 2.5 year old, can she go on all of the rides or are there some big kid rides?

3. Can someone suggest stops along the way? Is it better to drive straight or are there worthy stops like Grove City outlet, etc?

Any other tips much appreciated.

6 replies to this topic
Ontario
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sesame Place from Toronto - need help planning

We're also planning on visiting Sesame Place this summer from Toronto, and I have the same types of questions.

What route were you planning on taking? You mentioned the Grove City outlets, but it seems like those outlets are not on a direct route from Toronto to Sesame Place. If you love shopping and outlets, then it might be worth a stop there. Personally, I'm not a big shopper so I don't see the big appeal of outlet malls. We stopped there once on the way to Washington, and it was nice and there were lots of stores, so it's a nice place to stop and stretch your legs.

With a 2.5 year old, you might want to try and plan to stop every 3 hours or so. I don't know if your daughter has been on many road trips, but I find my sons get antsy after about 3 hours, so stops are definitely a necessity. If you shared your route, people might have more suggestions on nice places to stop.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sesame Place from Toronto - need help planning

We are planning on Sesame Place with a 3 year old. We are first stopping in Syracuse New York at the Rosamund Gifford Zoo and the Discovery center at Binghamton New York. They are relatively inexpensive for 2 adults and 1 kidlet. In Philly there is also Smith Kids Play Place (free). On the way back we will be stopping at the Strong museum of Play for more Sesame street. We are planning a longer trip than a few days, so if you need more ideas, let me know.

toronto, ontario
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sesame Place from Toronto - need help planning

We are planning a similar trip and looking for somewhere to stop along the way. We wanted to find a lake with a beach along the way from Toronto to Langhorne. Any ideas or thoughts?

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sesame Place from Toronto - need help planning

Clyde Peeling's Reptiland on US route 15 south of Williamsport PA might be of interest.

http://reptiland.com/

For a meal stop, just south of Reptiland in Lewisburg, PA is the Country Cupboard.

http://www.countrycupboardinc.com/

toronto, ontario
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sesame Place from Toronto - need help planning

Any good places to stop on route from toronto to langhorne with a sandy beach for kids? Thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sesame Place from Toronto - need help planning

Hi! Wanted to bump this thread! What were your experiences like making the drive from Ontario to PA? We are doing this road trip (Ottawa to PA) at the end of June with a 3.5 yr old and 1.5 yr old. Looking for suggestions on quick pit stops that may be kid friendly and quick to get their energy out (other than running around in cirlces in the parking lots). Want to leave around 10:00am and get to destination by around 7:00pm.

Thanks!

Edited: 28 May 2014, 20:36
Reply to: Sesame Place from Toronto - need help planning
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted