We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Sesame Place - Questions Welcome!

Toronto
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Sesame Place - Questions Welcome!

We just returned from a road trip Toronto to Langhorne, PA to visit Sesame Place to two days. If anyone would like me to answer questions while the trip is fresh in my mind, please feel free to ask!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Sesame Place
Sesame Place
2,497 Reviews
Langhorne, PA
York, Maine
Level Contributor
909 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Sesame Place - Questions Welcome!

Hi,

Can you bring food/cooler into the park? Their website says no, but numerous TA reviews say yes.

Also, do you know if you're able to buy Abby's magic queue when there or does it have to be bought in advane online? I want to see what the weather is going to be before buying it. We'll be going on a Wednesday and Thursday, any idea of the length of the lines?

Thanks!

Toronto
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Sesame Place - Questions Welcome!

Hi there! You are allowed to bring a small cooler into the park, I just can't remember the size. We had one of the small, soft kinds that's like a shoulder bag. They have a bag check at the front gate. You can buy Abby's pass at the guest services at the gate, but I think it's cheaper online. I almost bought it, but we found that there wasn't a very long wait for lines. Maybe 10-15 minutes and sometimes we could get right back on without a wait.

To read my TA review: tripadvisor.ca/…REVIEWS

Hope your family has a great time at Sesame Place!

Mentioned in this post
Sesame Place
Sesame Place
2,497 Reviews
Langhorne, PA
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Sesame Place - Questions Welcome!

The website actually says:

Can I bring a cooler?

Soft-sided coolers 10"x10"x12" or smaller are permitted in park for storage of baby formula, baby food and medically necessary items.

Can I bring a picnic lunch?

Outside food is not permitted in the park with the exception of baby formula, baby food and medically necessary items. Picnic areas are available outside the park.

I have always brought a small cooler with snacks, we've gone for 5 years, so far they've never looked inside but they do measure it

canada
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Sesame Place - Questions Welcome!

Hello!! We are looking to do a similar trip from Toronto to Sesame Place in June. Can you please let me know details of your trip- We are taking two 2 year olds.

Did you drive there, how long did it take to drive with kids? Is it worth it to fly? Which hotel did you stay at? Did you do any other excursions in the area? Is it worth it to go in June, I heard it is mostly water rides. Im worried it may not be that hot?

Thanks so much in advance!!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Sesame Place
Sesame Place
2,497 Reviews
Langhorne, PA
Toronto
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Sesame Place - Questions Welcome!

Hi there! We went in July, so it was hot and I'm not sure what it will be like in June. The park is half water park and half rides and shows. For 2 year-olds, they can go on some rides with an adult and the live shows like Elmo Rocks. At the water park there is a splash pad, small sand beach and toddler wading pools. There are a lot of opportunities to meet characters and take pics. We also enjoyed the parade, although my youngest was scared by the loud music. We bought our 2-day pass through CAA and I believe it included a meal voucher for your first day. We brought snacks and bought lunch which was about $10 a combo for both kids and adults. You can take home the plate and cups from the kids meals.

We drove our own minivan, I don't know about flying. We broke up the drive to Philadelphia by stopping overnight in Syracuse (about a 4-5 hour drive) and then on the way back staying overnight in Rochester (again about 4-5 hour drive).

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which is about a 5 minute drive from Sesame Place and close to a lot of restaurants and a mall. I wrote a Tripadvisor review if you would like more details, but it was adequate for our stay. Breakfast was included and a lot of families were staying there.

When we weren't at Sesame Place, we went to the mall nearby, an outlet mall about an hour away, and the Children's Touch Museum in Philadelphia which I highly recommend as a day trip.

We had a great time and actually hope to make the trip again one year. I hope this information is helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Sesame Place
Sesame Place
2,497 Reviews
Langhorne, PA
6. Re: Back from Sesame Place - Questions Welcome!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2016, 02:17