We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in September

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting in September

We will be in the area in the fall to see the Martin Guitar Factory. Does anyone have recommendations on other places to see or places to eat while we are there?

schwenksville, pa
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting in September

For the best lunches and casual lunch-like evening fare is worth the drive...to Lyons, PA. There is no sign on the place and they don't advertize ... locals all know where it is. Call 610-682-7272

(I have no connection...just a fan!) Super hoagies and steaks and pizza and salads and beer like Yenglings (sp?) Black and Tan. You have to love this place. Not a dive, not even close. Great for families. Sports on monitors everywhere...sound never up though, so you watch if you want to or not. Call first because they will be closed for some vacation days. You will need precise directions too. Worth the drive. (Well, I think so anyway...!)

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting in September

Is Lyons, PA the city or the name of the place? Sounds intriguing!

schwenksville, pa
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting in September

I don't believe I did that! The place is between Dryville and Lyons and is called Snuzzels. (You were supposed to read my mind I guess!) Both Dryville and Lyons are tiny crossroads...less than villages. But they are on most maps. The closet town of any size would be Kutztown..location of Kutztown University.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting in September

Well, now, I am am hooked! How could I resist a suggestion from someone in Schwenksville recommending Snuzzels and using Kutztown in the same post? I just hope I can get a T-shirt or sweatshirt. Seriously though- thanks for taking the time to post. As you can see, Nazareth has never had a post on this forum! I will tell my husband we have to travel the extra miles to check out Snuzzels- it's the least he can do since I am coming up to stay in NJ for his class reunion , then wandering over to visit a guitar factory. ;-) I'll let you know in September how this side trip goes. ANd if you think of more, please post- thanks.

schwenksville, pa
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting in September

I do believe they do have sweat shirts. If I knew when you would be there, I would meet you both there and buy lunch for you and your husband! But I don't want to put my number or address out in web-space. I can be reached as the high school principal (WmPS) at Girard College in Philadelphia though...215-787-2600 gets you the switchboard.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting in September

We'll be there in mid-September, around the 18th I think. I'll hang on to your number and give you a call before we head up that way. Maybe we can visit! Thanks for all the info- sounds like fun.

NYC
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting in September

Did you get to Lyons Pa and Snuzzles? Did you enjoy? I could also recommend the Bowers Hotel - just a real short hop from Lyons - or Kutztown, for that matter. Ta. MMM!

Get answers to your questions about Nazareth
Recent Conversations