We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keeping a teenage daughter occupied in Bucks County

Manchester,England
7 posts
Save Topic
Keeping a teenage daughter occupied in Bucks County

I will be travelling to Bucks County in August with my wife and 14 year old daughter and staying in Doylestown for a few days.

I would be delighted if anybody can advise on outdoor activities that are available in the area particularly water and horse riding activities

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,850 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keeping a teenage daughter occupied in Bucks County

There is a tube rental outfit in Point Pleasant for a great ride down the Delaware River: realadventures.com/listings/1022198_Bucks-Co…

Also, there is plenty of funky shopping to keep your wife and daughter busy in New Hope.

Between Doylestown and New Hope is the Penn's Purchase Outlet Mall and Peddlar's Villiage for shopping and more shopping (well, they are outdoors).

Not much outdoor activity in Doylestown, but there are several great museums, especially: Fonthill and the Mercer Museum.

There may be closer horseback riding, but there is an outfit in Newtown that offers horseback riding in beautiful Tyler State Park (about 25 mins from Doylestown). I think the following is a link to the facility that is adjacent to the park: http://justjillstable.com/Home.html

Manchester,England
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Keeping a teenage daughter occupied in Bucks County

Thank you for the quick reply

The tubing looks great fun she will love that.

They also like shopping so its seems that New Hope is a good option for a visit.

From the postings I have read the area sounds very pleasant

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,850 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keeping a teenage daughter occupied in Bucks County

It is a lovely area. If you need directions or more information, let me know.

4. Re: Keeping a teenage daughter occupied in Bucks County

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about New Hope
More New Hope Topics