We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay, early May

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,913 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay, early May

I will be in the area for two or three nights in early May. As the four hotels listed here on TA have somewhat mixed reviews, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I'm leaning towards the Hampton Inn, as I've usually had good experiences with them. Is there any reason to avoid it?

Also, wondering about where to eat lunch or dinner? I'm not overly picky, but I'm looking for someplace that has healthy options. Thanks!

Edited: 13 March 2011, 20:38
2 replies to this topic
Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,707 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay, early May

Hi, Zoey! Fancy meeting you here. We stayed at the Pine Grove Hampton Inn about 18 months ago. We liked it very much. We heard no noise from the hwy and had no bugs ... to address some of the reviews. It was still new feeling. Some of the staff was very uncertain like they weren't used to dealing with the public somehow but they were nice, the place was clean, the food was good.

There's a cute historic community theater in the town...Pine Grove Theater I think. The city is about three miles from the hotel. There are a few fast food type places near the hotel and in town. We also liked Scholl Family Restaurant and didn't get to try, but hope to, Summit View. It's got a great location and pretty good food we hear. It's about six miles from the hotel along 895. www.summitviewrestaurant.com/pages/mainpg.php

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,913 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay, early May

Hi! Thanks! I think I'll make my reservations for the Hampton Inn. Thanks for the link to the Summit View, looks very nice! Sholl Family Restaurant looks good also.

Reply to: Where to stay, early May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pine Grove
Recent Conversations