We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Pittsburgh 3/2-3/4

Maryland
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Pittsburgh 3/2-3/4

Hello All,

My boyfriend and I are planning on meeting up in Pittsburgh 3/2-3/4 and i'm trying to find some things for our trip. He's turning 30 on the 2/22 and i'll be 28 on 3/15 so i want to make sure we enjoy ourselves. If someone can give me some restaurant, activity ideas that would be great! We like to shop but we don't like being in the mall all day, if you have any ideas of good shopping i'd love that too!

Thanks,

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Pittsburgh 3/2-3/4

kikidom79....

Where are you staying during your visit? Are you staying in the downtown area?

We have a great new development on the Southside of Pgh. Plenty of shops, bars & restaurants. The area is called " Southside Works " The other area is Station Square. It is located right on the river. It also has shops, bars, & restaurants. If you visit this location take a ride on our famous incline! It takes you to the top of Mount Washington with a beautiful view of our city.

Do you like to ice skate? We have an ice skating rink in the heart of the city.

We have some great museums here too. The Carnegie Museum right next to the University of Pittsburgh is a great way to spend a few hours.

Take a riverboat ride ( if the river is thawed by then! ) We have a number of riverboats to take a scenic ride of our famous three rivers.

Spend the afternoon at the Pittsburgh Zoo.

Karyn

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
45 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Pittsburgh 3/2-3/4

Re: Restaurants

There's a lot of good food in Pittsburgh. Eleven is a high-end restaurant in the Strip District that I absolutley love. It's dark and expensive with delicious food.

You also may want to consider the Monterey Bay Fish Grotto on Mount Washington. The food is good but not great, but the view more than makes up for it. The restaurant is walking distance from the Duqesne Incline (the one furthest from Station Square). Park at the bottom ot the incline, ride it up, walk to the restaurant, ride the glass elevator up 26 floors, and dine by the window -- ask for it when you make your reservation.

The Southside Works, as mentioned above, is a great place to shop.

http://www.southsideworks.com/

USA
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Pittsburgh 3/2-3/4

the most romantic restaurant is the Cafe du Jour, also on the South Side. It's BYOB so stop at the Wine and Spirits on 20th (near the river) and grab a bottle before you go. Mallorca restaurant on about 23rd street has the absolute best sangria I've ever had (they also serve it at Mallorca's sister rest, Ibiza).

The South Side Works is a must.

The Andy Warhol museum is fun, on the North Side. Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater is close. There's a BYOB adult arcade called Games N At on 18th Street in the South Side. Shootz Cafe has great pool tables and great nachos.

If you want to go "out out," like dance clubs, you can go to the Strip District or Station Square. If you want to bar hop the South Side is the way to go.

www.southsidepgh.com

www.pghcitypaper.com

4. Re: Coming to Pittsburgh 3/2-3/4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 21:19