We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benedum to Squirrel Hill transportation

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
160 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Benedum to Squirrel Hill transportation

Hi, I need to go to an event at the Benedum in the first week of March. I'm getting dropped off there and wondered what the best way is to get from there to Squirrel Hill after the event, around 11PM. Are there usually taxis waiting outside that you can hail? And does anyone have any idea what the fare for that trip might be? How are the busses at that time of night? About how long would the bus ride take? (I need to go to Forbes & Wightman). Thank you, nabq

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Benedum to Squirrel Hill transportation

try www.portauthority.org for bus schedules. I don't know how reliable the bus will be that late at night. The bus ride would probably take 30 min or so. Carry the phone number of a taxi company with you in case you do not see a taxi outside the Benedum.

Saxonburg...
Level Contributor
328 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Benedum to Squirrel Hill transportation

My husband and I go to town frequently during the year to Heinz Hall and the Benedum. We have NEVER seen a taxi outside either one when we've left (usually between 10 and 11 p.m.). Usually we see limo's (already ordered or from restaurants), senior citizen vans, or huge tour buses. My husband who grew up in the city highly recommends you get a taxi at that time of night.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Benedum to Squirrel Hill transportation

There are taxi stands at several downtown hotels, so if you walk to one you can probably get a cab right away rather than calling and waiting for one. I see the cabs during the day, but you might want to check that they'll be there in the late evening too.The closest hotels to the Benedum would be: the Renaissance; Convention Center; William Penn; Hilton.

Or persuade your friends to come back down and pick you up, it's only a ten minute drive from Squirrel Hill. The bus takes so long because at that time of night none of the express buses are running, and you'll have to wind your way through Oakland.

4. Re: Benedum to Squirrel Hill transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 04:15