We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking downtown

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
61 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Walking downtown

I'm considering flying into Pittsubrgh for a one week course at Duquesne University. I would be staying at the Doubletree Hotel Pittsburgh City Center, One Bigalow Square without a car (taxi or shuttle to my hotel from the airport). Would it be reasonable to think that I could walk from the Doubletree Hotel to my class at Duqesne each day (9-4)? I guess I'm wondering #1. Is the distance reasonable and #2. Can I get back and forth without crossing major highways that aren't intended for pedestrians?

Thanks for any advice,

Doug

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking downtown

Yes and Yes. You should be fine. I think it would be about a ten minute walk. There is a big hill up to the Duquesne campus from Forbes Avenue, but I think some buildings have elevators you could use to avoid the climb. Maybe someone more familiar with the campus than I am could give you some practical tips on that.

2. Re: Walking downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 01:18