We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury, boutique inn preferred for romantic weekend?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Luxury, boutique inn preferred for romantic weekend?

I will be in Pitt in May with my husband--recently married--we would like somehting high end, but not too far away (i.e. would love to do the woodlands, but too far from d/t). It would be nice to be in a neighborhood or cute area of town where we can walk to little cafes, etc. Price no object. Any thoughts?

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
499 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury, boutique inn preferred for romantic weekend?

I would suggest either the Inn on Negley in Shadyside or the Morning Glory Inn on the South Side. Both are near or right in good neighborhoods. The Morning Glory does get terrible reviews on this site; I attended a wedding there a couple of years ago and had a great time and thought the inn was very nice.

About the only luxury place near Pittsburgh is Nemacolin, which is in the country with easy access to Fallingwater, the Laurel Highlands and the Yough River bike trail. It's a good 1.5 hours to the city though.

2. Re: Luxury, boutique inn preferred for romantic weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 05:25