We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I-376 WB in Pittsburgh Closed Today (April 27)

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,081 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
I-376 WB in Pittsburgh Closed Today (April 27)

I-376 Westbound between Exit 10A (Rt.140/Churchill) and Exit 7( Swissvale) will be closed until 5am on Monday, April 28th.

I wish I had known this yesterday when I went to pick up my student at the University of Pittsburgh. The detour took me over an hour of very slow, stop-and-go driving. When we left Pittsburgh around 5pm, we could see that the backup on I-376 was much, much worse than I had experienced that morning.

Mentioned in this post
Swissvale
Swissvale
Pennsylvania
nj
Level Contributor
330 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I-376 WB in Pittsburgh Closed Today (April 27)

Yes we were there for graduation. Luckily we were able to do backroads but it was unbelievable that 376 was closed. From what I understand, it's been closed on weekends. If there is a native pittsburgher can you let us know if the work is complete?

honestly with the school move out and graduation having that major road into the school area closed was AMAZINGLY poor planning.

(the graduation was terrific though)

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I-376 WB in Pittsburgh Closed Today (April 27)

I am sorry to report that there will be weekend road closings along 376 east of the Squirrel Hill tunnels for several more months.

Here is the website devoted to the project:

www.penndot11.com

Mentioned in this post
Squirrel Hill
Squirrel Hill
59 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
3. Re: I-376 WB in Pittsburgh Closed Today (April 27)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 03:15