We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to PNC Park

Chicago
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Airport to PNC Park

Hi! Wondering how much a cab would cost and how long it would take to get from the airport to PNC Park to see the Pirates. Is there traffic during rush hours on the route a cab would take?

Thank you!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to PNC Park

Traffic into the city can get backed up pretty quickly since it bottlenecks at the tunnels.

You would likely be better off taking the 28X Airport Flyer into downtown and walking to the stadium from there. The bus has it's own road to get into the city to bypass rush hour traffic at the tunnel.

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
499 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to PNC Park

Cab service in Pittsburgh won't be anywhere near what you're used to in Chicago. They are expensive and scarce. It might be cheaper & more efficient to rent a car.

Our city is wonderful but cabs are not one of its strengths.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,031 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to PNC Park

Game traffic during rush hour has also been effected lately by construction slowdown zones. For clear traffic 30-45 minutes is possible; for traffic and slowdowns, maybe double that. I think your cab cost is $40-50 one way, too.

Now, compared to Chicaago, not bad.

If the bus is an option, you should look into it.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to PNC Park

I agree with Gypsy...take the 28X airport flyer bus (Port Authority Bus)..they depart every 30 mins from the airport between 5 am and 1am. It's only 2.25 one way...and you could walk across the 6th street (aka roberto clemente bridge) or transfer to another bus (the 16D)....probably be easier to walk it though. Let me know if you have any more questions....and the 28X bus uses the busway from 279 to downtown....

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
278 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to PNC Park

I agree the 28X is the best option along with Gypsy..

I usually stay in Robinson Township and it was only $2.60 each way when I was there and you get the bus back from outside the Hilton to the Airport.

As mentioned earlier the bus is very fast access to the Downtown Area and only makes about 5 stops on the trip down.

6. Re: Airport to PNC Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 17:19