We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lose the luggage for a few hours

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
38 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Lose the luggage for a few hours

We're flying into town this w/e for a wedding, all of which is inb the burbs (South Hills Village area).

Rather then rent a car that I would only use to get and forth to the airport, and since we have the time, we figured we'd just use public transit (28X Airport Flyer, and 47S/42S T lines) to get there.

Since we'll have a little time to kill Friday afternoon, I thought it might be nice to walk around. and check out town a little after getting off the airport bu, but before getting on the T. I grew up outside of Philly, and went to Penn State, but never found myself in Pittsburgh.

We'll be traveling light - likely only a carryon each, but would there be somewhere, perhaps a train or bus station, that would have lockers to lose the bags for a few hours?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lose the luggage for a few hours

I really wish I could help - but I don't know of anywhere. The Greyhound station is temporary, but you MAY be able to find a locker at the Amtrak station.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,547 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lose the luggage for a few hours

I personally do not know if there are lockers in the airport (I don't pay attention). The website for the airport is pitairport.com.

But, one suggestion is to walk over to the Hyatt on the airport property, and have the bellman store it for you (a small tip might help).

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
38 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lose the luggage for a few hours

Thanks gang. In all fairness, if someone asked me the same question about Boston, I wouldn't know the answer either. But I thought it was worth a shot.

It sounds like the weather on Friday might not be that great anyway, so perhaps we'll just skip downtown and head straight out to the burbs.

Thanks again.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lose the luggage for a few hours

Any of the museums probably have lockers. I am pretty sure the Warhol does. Plus that gives you something to do if it is raining.

5. Re: Lose the luggage for a few hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 08:19