We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strummers in the Strip

Punxsutawney
1 post
Save Topic
Strummers in the Strip

Our teenage son wants to go with his friends to Strummers this Saturday evening. Can someone tell me what this area is like after dark?? Or do I worry for nothing?? We are from Punxsutawney.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strummers in the Strip

I don't know anything about Strummers; it is a new name for a club venue in the Strip. There have been some problems at and around clubs in the Strip late at night in the past couple years so it is getting to have a bad reputation. I would not let my teenager go there with friends at night, but I do eat at restaurants nearby at night, so it's not as though the whole area is unsafe.

I'm hoping someone else will reply who has some experience with this club. It may be fine.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,511 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strummers in the Strip

I've been to the "area" on a Saturday night (several months back). I am new to the 'Burgh and was with a native who wanted to check it out; we are 40's. Parking was good (next to the dock that used to house "Donzi's?). As we walked, I noticed a few teen dance clubs (such as you mention) just off of Smallman, with several teens waiting in line. We walked down Penn, into a few bars and crowds were thin. One club or bar here, one there. The following day, I read the local paper about a shooting that occured the overnight near McDonalds.

I have not been back.

3. Re: Strummers in the Strip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 13:20