We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happened to Holiday Inn in Greentree?

PA
Level Contributor
101 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
What happened to Holiday Inn in Greentree?

I tried to make a reservation for my husband's business trip in Greentree. I could not find this hotel on the Holiday Inn website and when I called to talk to a rep, she said she couldn't find it or any evidence that there ever was a Holiday Inn in Greentree. I know this isn't true. He stayed there last year! Rep said it would have shown up on her computer if it recently changed hands. Very strange. He went on to stay at the Fairfield which was nicer anyway, but I just wondered what is going on.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What happened to Holiday Inn in Greentree?

Yeah, I noticed at the end of September that both the Holiday Inn Greentree and the Holiday Inn in Lancaster were taken off of the Holiday Inn website. I haven't heard anything about the Greentree location but the Lancaster location got into trouble because of its restaurant. The restaurant had 67 violations and was selling alcohol without a liquor permit. The employees weren't getting paid and when they were finally paid, the paychecks bounced. Also, there have been 7 or 8 general managers over the past year and the electric has been shut off on several occasions because the hotel is late in paying bills. The company that owns these two hotels, Kronos, is in a lot of trouble right now. I heard last week that they are going to declare bankruptcy and Prism Hotels is going to take over the many hotels that Kronos "ruined".

Someone shared this link the other day and perhaps you might want to visit this site: http://www.kronoshotelsllc.com.

McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What happened to Holiday Inn in Greentree?

When are you planning on booking? If I am in the neighborhood, I can try and stop by.

McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What happened to Holiday Inn in Greentree?

BTW, there are a lot of other options in the area.

Any reason it needs to be Holiday Inn?

Any reason it needs to be Greentree?

PA
Level Contributor
101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What happened to Holiday Inn in Greentree?

Thanks for the offer, but as I said above, he went on to stay at the Fairfield. I just wondered what was going on, mainly because my follow up phone call to the Holiday Inn people just seemed very strange! She tried to tell me that according to her information, there had never been a Holiday Inn in Greentree. For heavens sake, they even named the street after it (Holiday Drive)! Don't try and tell me it had never been there.....

Carnegie...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: What happened to Holiday Inn in Greentree?

It is no longer a Holiday Inn.

Reasons:

1. They are hardly staying in business, there have been numerous stories on the news of the owners bouncing checks and not able to pay their employees.

2. The name has changed to The Inn At Greentreee. The reasoning that I have heard, is that the Holiday Inn stripped them of their name and they wanted them to make upgrades to the hotel, and also Holiday wants them to build up, and wants all Holiday Inn's to be more then 2 floors.

6. Re: What happened to Holiday Inn in Greentree?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 22:17