We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Night Clubs on Thursday Night?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
225 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Best Night Clubs on Thursday Night?

Stopping over in Pittsburgh on Oct 30th and wanted to know what clubs are the best clubs in town to goto on a friday night. 25 and 27 year old single males.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Night Clubs on Thursday Night?

Most all of the night club type places are in Station Square. There are a couple in the Strip, but I don't think Thursday night is a big night in that area.

http://www.stationsquare.com/

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
499 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Night Clubs on Thursday Night?

You would probably like Carson Street on the South Side, which is a long strip of bars and restaurants. Get there early if you plan to park, or there is a garage at the South Side Works. Good luck!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,104 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Night Clubs on Thursday Night?

I will echo the previous responses, that your best bets are Station Square and Southside (bar hopping). At Station Square, you can head to Buckhead Saloon or Bar Louie early, then Matrix later (no big crowds until after 10 or 11PM). Southside is a long strip of bars, restuarants, and clubs - more like a college town feel, but still no big crowds until late.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Night Clubs on Thursday Night?

Station Square has a Thursday Night Party special promo going on with $5 parking, so it might be a pretty happening destination.

The South Side is usually jumping on Friday and Saturday nights.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
225 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Night Clubs on Thursday Night?

Thanks for everyone's responses. I just booked the Sheraton Centre in Station Square so seems like I made the correct decision on the hotel. How far would you say that the clubs are from the Hotel. Would I need a car or a cab?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,104 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Night Clubs on Thursday Night?

If you stay in the Station Square area, everything is walkable (no need for car/cab). If you explore the Southside area (1-2 miles away), there is likely a hotel courtesy shuttle that can take you there, and depending on the time of night, get you back. Cabs are scarce in the city, but can be found.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Night Clubs on Thursday Night?

You are seriously within stumbling distance of many great party clubs. Enjoy!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
225 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Night Clubs on Thursday Night?

Which would u state are the top 3 to get into on a thrusday night? And any way to get onto VIP service at any of these clubs?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Night Clubs on Thursday Night?

I don't know which clubs are the best, I'm a little too old and a little too married to go clubbing. But they are all next to each other so if one doesn't seem to be hopping, it's an easy stroll to the next club. Just start exploring before 9pm, because that's generally when they start charging cover.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
225 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Night Clubs on Thursday Night?

So I am back from Pittsburgh, and the party was definately not at Station Square but rather on the South Side at a club called The Town Tavern.