We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which one??

Kentucky
12 posts
Save Topic
Which one??

We will be in Pittsburgh for the game Sunday, arriving on Sat. Last year came for game and visited Zoo, Station Square, Mt. Washington and Incline. Plan to go to Strip District early Sat. and have time to see one other attraction. Can't decide whether to go to Phipps Conservatory, Carnegie Museum or National Aviary. Just two older folks, no children. Any suggestions? Thanks...

USA
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which one??

I'd recommend the Heinz history center. It's in the Strip and is a great museum!

McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
441 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which one??

The History Center is a very good suggestion but the Aviary was just recently renovated. It might be worht seeing.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
30 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which one??

It really depends on what you like best - flowers, dinosaurs or birds. They are all nice for what they have in them. The History Center probably has more variety.

Saxonburg...
Level Contributor
329 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which one??

Since the Phipps Winter Flower Show doesn't start until November 28th, I think it might be a bit torn up while they're preparing for the Christmas/Holiday displays. I do think you would enjoy the Heinz History Center.

Kentucky
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which one??

Thanks everyone for your input. We will be checking out the Heinz History Center for sure. Just checked weather for game, snow showers!!brrrrrrrr. That's PA, I was born and raised there...

6. Re: Which one??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 18:19