We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid friendly stuff to do in Pittsburgh.

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
264 reviews
Save Topic
Kid friendly stuff to do in Pittsburgh.

Hello... We are planning on staying in Pittsburgh for a couple of weekdays in May at the Hilton. We are looking for ideas of things to do. We will be traveling with our 1 1/2 year old, so kid friendly ideas are a bonus.

The only time I was there was for a Kenny Chesney concert, so I only saw Heinz Field and we had the chance to look around Station Square before heading out the following day. So, other than those two places, I know nothing about the area. Any suggestion would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
487 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid friendly stuff to do in Pittsburgh.

The Children's Museum on the North Side is a great place! www.pittsburghkids.org

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid friendly stuff to do in Pittsburgh.

I normally recommend the Incline, but I don't think an 18 month old would appreciate it as much as you will - but it's still a worthwhile trip.

Carnegie Science Center is also fun and your toddler would LOVE the zoo.

The Ducky Tours are a great way to see the city.

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid friendly stuff to do in Pittsburgh.

Excellent! Thanks for the ideas. I'll have somewhere to take her rain or shine! Hopefully, it's nice & sunny, the zoo looks great.

Thanks again!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
804 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kid friendly stuff to do in Pittsburgh.

Childrens Museum, Pittsburgh Zoo, Carnegie Science Center that's about it for a toddler. Yrs ago when my nephew was the same age as your child we took him to the zoo which was great but what he enjoyed most was running after the darn pidgeons LOL. He grew up in the suburbs and had never seen one until that day at the zoo. It was hilarious watching him try to catch up with them.

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kid friendly stuff to do in Pittsburgh.

Our toddler is easily amused too, very easygoing, which is a definite bonus for us! As long as she has a little room to roam, she is happy! We plan on going to the zoo if the weather cooperates. Otherwise, we'll be heading to the other attractions that were suggested.

Thanks again!

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
499 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kid friendly stuff to do in Pittsburgh.

If you go to the Children's Museum, the Aviary is right around the corner. It's small but fun.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
804 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kid friendly stuff to do in Pittsburgh.

Another stop my great niece's enjoy is Station Square to watch the dancing fountain and listen to the music. Toddlers LOVE the place. Lots of room to dance and move. Hope the weather cooperates and Ditto on visiting the Aviary.

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kid friendly stuff to do in Pittsburgh.

Thanks a lot for the excellent recommendations! We are planning on the Carnegie Science Center for sure, since it is within walking distance from the hotel. Station Square is on our list and so is Primanti Brothers (a location is withing walking distance, perfect for lunch)! Point State Park is directly across from the hotel, so that will be a bonus, since our daughter loves running around.

Hope our little trip is as good as it sounds! :)

9. Re: Kid friendly stuff to do in Pittsburgh.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 20:20