We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time gates open at PNC Park

Streamwood, Illinois
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Time gates open at PNC Park

I'm looking to find out the time that the gates open at PNC Park for Pirates game. I can't seem to find the inof on the Pirates website. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Tom

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time gates open at PNC Park

I googled the question and came up with this:

which gives some info. about the ballpark and says the gates open 90 minutes before game time Monday-Friday and 2 hours before games on Saturday and Sunday. I have no personal knowledge of whether this is accurate or not, as I am in no danger of being too early to a game.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Level Contributor
86 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time gates open at PNC Park

Here is what the website says -

Gates open one and one half hours (1 1/2) prior to game time on weekdays (Monday through Friday) and two hours prior to weekend game times (Saturday and Sunday) and Opening Day. The Riverwalk will open two (2) hours before weekday (Monday-Friday) games and two and one half hours (2 1/2) prior to weekend (Saturday-Sunday) games.(found under PNC a to z).

However, if you have a season ticket that you purchased from a season ticket holder, they will let you in 30 minutes earlier than the above policy. You just have to go in through the Riverwalk gate and then there should be an usher at one of the inside gates that will scan your ticket.

This is a great way to get a ball during batting practice as there are usually less people for the extra 30 minutes. Be aware that they do have BP on Sunday's or day games during the week. Best way to get tickets for PNC is on Ebay. Most of the time we can get them for less than face value. Let me know if you have other questions about PNC - where to stay, eat, park,etc - as we have been there each of the last four years.

3. Re: Time gates open at PNC Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2009, 05:25