We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept 4, 5 & 6 Pirates & Rural Ridge

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Goose Creek, South...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sept 4, 5 & 6 Pirates & Rural Ridge

My husband and I will be going to visit some relatives who live in Rural Ridge. We want to stay close to PNC, probably at the Springhill Suites or Hilton.

About how far is it then to Rural Ridge from downtown? (Time wise on a typical day not during rush hour)

We plan to take in a Pirates game on Friday or Saturday night and otherwise just play it by ear. I have read the suggestions of bars in the PNC area.

Any suggestions for restaurants or things to do near Rural Ridge area?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept 4, 5 & 6 Pirates & Rural Ridge

Rural Ridge is out Rte 28, and the northbound (outbound) lanes between Etna and Aspinwall are closed for the next several months for a bridge repair.

The detour is to cross the 62nd St Bridge, follow Butler St north and then cross back over on the Highland Park Bridge. This area gets lots of traffic as it is due to the location of the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium.

Because this construction just started, it's hard to give a travel time, especially considering you'll be down on a holiday weekend. I would give myself at least 60 minutes to travel through this area, even during non rush hour times.

Goose Creek, South...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept 4, 5 & 6 Pirates & Rural Ridge

Thank you so much! We would have no idea what we were getting ourselves into!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept 4, 5 & 6 Pirates & Rural Ridge

You're welcome.

Out that way is Pittsburgh Mills Mall, a new shopping area with chain restaurants and some nice stores. Also, you are a quick hop to Kittaning, which is a nice community on the Allegheny River.

4. Re: Sept 4, 5 & 6 Pirates & Rural Ridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2009, 07:24