We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roboworld (at Carnegie Science Center)

Baltimore
Level Contributor
134 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Roboworld (at Carnegie Science Center)

My 5 year old son has been asking to go see this exhibit. Can anyone tell me what it's like?

We've never been to Pittsburgh before. Is downtown the best place to stay to get a feel for the city?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roboworld (at Carnegie Science Center)

Downtown is a great place to stay. Check Priceline and/or Hotwire for 4 star hotels in the downtown area. Many people have been getting the Renaissance for under $100/night.

I haven't been to see Roboworld yet, but it looks pretty neat.

You're only 4 hours away, so come on up! I lived in B'more for 4 years and used to come home every weekend - taking 68 makes it a breeze to get here!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
134 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roboworld (at Carnegie Science Center)

Thanks! I just booked on Hotwire (4 star) and got the Westin Convention Center. It looks like it's right downtown (I hope the location is good!). It was $133/night including all of the taxes and fees. Not bad!

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roboworld (at Carnegie Science Center)

The Westin will be fine for you. I see the hotel has a free shuttle which will take you to some sights, that should get you close enough to the Science Center too.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

4. Re: Roboworld (at Carnegie Science Center)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 08:19