We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk or drive to strip district from omni?

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Walk or drive to strip district from omni?

We are attending an evening wedding at the history center(Smallman st.), is it safe and walkable from the omni hotel?

Or is this an area to visit only in the day....

Thanks for any input!

Jerome, Arizona
Level Contributor
500 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk or drive to strip district from omni?

If walking during the daytime, I'd say go for it. It would be a nice walk. However, after dark, I'd say take a taxi. There are a few spots that, after dark, could potentially be unsavory.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk or drive to strip district from omni?

I'd think that walk would be fine at night too; any time I'm downtown after a show I feel perfectly safe. The only thing I do differently at night is to avoid the alleys though I frequently use them during the day.

3. Re: Walk or drive to strip district from omni?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 08:20