We spent 5 days in Pittsburgh in late September 2007, primarily to see the Chihuly exhibit at Phipps. Had a wonderful visit. Now Phipps has another spectacular glass exhibit, and since we promised ourselves we'd get back sometime, this fall looks like the time.
We'll probably go in mid- to late-October this time -- driving. We loved the Courtyard Marriott downtown, but should we consider staying in a different section of town?
Last time, in addition to Phipps, we
* wandered The Strip district (on a weekday -- I think we should do it on a weekend this time);
* rode the Incline to dinner at Monterey Bay (underwhelmed);
* had lunch in the restored station at Station Square and did the Duckboat tour;
* did the Carnegie Museum of Natural History and the Heinz History Center -- highlight: got to taste Blennd again! my fave drink as a kid;
* had lunch in the UofP district but didn't see much of the campus.
So . . . aside from Phipps, what should we plan to do on this trip, probably 3-4 nights? We're not sports fans, do love great food & wine. Particularly interested in anything glass-related. Not so much in art museums. Fine craft, definitely.
Thanks in advance!