We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Station Square vs Westin Hotel

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Station Square vs Westin Hotel

Need to choose between the two - any comments would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Station Square vs Westin Hotel

Westin, hands down. It's a 4 star hotel and consistently well-reviewed.

The Sheraton Station Square is an ok place, but for the prices they charge, I'll take the Westin any day.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Station Square vs Westin Hotel

I agree, the Westin William Penn is a much nicer hotel. Unless the Sheraton is a better location for you, I would go with the William Penn. Eat in the restaurant if you get a chance, very good food. Frankly, I miss the petrified palm trees they used to have in the dining room but I may be in the minority on that decorating point.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Station Square vs Westin Hotel

Just wanted to give another vote for the Westin! The Sheraton's nice and the location is great, but it's right by the train and it is SO loud in the middle of the night if you have a city view room!

The Westin is very nice and, like the previous poster said, has a great restaurant! (Plus, my DH and I got engaged there, so it holds a special place in my heart ;0))

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,510 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Station Square vs Westin Hotel

I would add that it depends on where you plan to spend your time. If your home base is Station Square or Southside, the Sheraton may make more sense. If you plan to be downtown all the time, then the Westin makes much more sense.

5. Re: Sheraton Station Square vs Westin Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2010, 05:17