We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEED A GOOD RESTAURANT near town, but not necessarily IN...

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
429 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
NEED A GOOD RESTAURANT near town, but not necessarily IN...

I am taking a group (10 people) to Lunch in November. We can drive within about 10 minutes out of town due to work schedules. I am looking for a nice sitdown up to a max of $10.00 pp in the nearby area. Last year we ate at Fatheads and loved it, but we always like to try something different.

IDEAS NEEDED PLEASE.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NEED A GOOD RESTAURANT near town, but not necessarily IN...

Hi--the $10pp thing limits options but it the 10 minutes from town area leaves the McKnight Road restaurants open. There's El Campisino which is pretty good and at the first stop light once you get onto McKnight (so closest to town). And also chain restaurants like Don Parmesans, Chili's, and Olive Garden. There's also an Olive Garden on Greentree hill. Hope that helps.

md
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: NEED A GOOD RESTAURANT near town, but not necessarily IN...

There are a number of places that fit the bill on the Southside all within a few blocks of Fatheads

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
499 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NEED A GOOD RESTAURANT near town, but not necessarily IN...

If you're looking for something different, try Piper's Pub on Carson Street. Has British specialties like Shepherd's pie, but also regular burgers, sandwiches, etc. Good bar food.

Also, on the North Side near Allegheny General, Legends of the North Shore is a nice neighborhood place. I was there for dinner but I seem to recall they had a lunch menu that was reasonably priced. It's small so you might want to call for reservations.

The $10 per person thing is a bit tough...I would say you'd get out of these for around $10, but not under.

Pittsburgh
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NEED A GOOD RESTAURANT near town, but not necessarily IN...

You should consider trying someplace in the Strip. I recommend the pizza shop next to Sunseri's on the corner of 18th and Penn Avenue. The place is not fancy, but man they cook a mean pizza! They have salads and hoagies as well. If you are not into pizza, you could try Rolands next door (although you may be pushing the $10.00 limit at Rolands). Let us know where you end up and how you like it!

BDC

Paris/Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: NEED A GOOD RESTAURANT near town, but not necessarily IN...

There is a new restaurant that opened around March. Its name is Cafe Euro, and is in the old location of Nick & Tony's in the lobby level of the Steel Building. They have some really good sandwiches and a to die for selection of pastas. The sandwiches with fries are about $8 and pastas about $10 I believe. Also the Post Gazette ( www.post-gazette.com ) may have done a review on it I believe, you could search it at their website Im sure it would pop up. I would highly recommend for lunch if you are already in the downtown area. The website with a menu is www.cafeeuropittsburgh.com

Paris/Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: NEED A GOOD RESTAURANT near town, but not necessarily IN...

Also Rolands in the Strip District is awesome. If you go there I would recomend the fish sandwich (6.95 with fries and slaw) or the crabcakes(I dont know if they have them at lunch). This is also a great place to go after work with a huge beer selection, and they have live music on the weekends.

Save Reply
7. Re: NEED A GOOD RESTAURANT near town, but not necessarily IN...

If you want casual, really casual, and want a real Pittsburgh tradition, try Primanti Brothers. It's like a deli/grill with huge corned beef or pastrami sandwiches with the cole slaw and french fries piled high right on the sandwich!! If you ate at Fatheads, than you must have been on the South Side? If you drive across the Smithfield Street bridge, a Primanti's Brothers is located right there. (If my memory serves me). You can go to the original in the Strip District. I'm from outside of Pittsburgh and spent a lot of time running around the city. My sister went to college in downtown Pittsburgh, so I've frequented the city my share of times. Talking about it right now is making me miss it!! I'm now in Michigan.

Pittsburgh...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: NEED A GOOD RESTAURANT near town, but not necessarily IN...

You may want to try Blinky's Noble Town Bar & Grill in Greentree. It's pretty sweet. Tell Angel I said "What's Up".

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
676 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NEED A GOOD RESTAURANT near town, but not necessarily IN...

Froggy's on Market Street off the Blvd. of the Allies. Call and make a reservation if they take them for lunch. It's noisy but fun, definitely in your price range. Great variety and WAY better than Fatheads :)