We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation near Fallingwater

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation near Fallingwater

2 adults driving from New York City to visit Fallingwater in June. We'll be there for 1 night, then driving on to Pembroke, VA the following day after touring Fallingwater.

Where can you recommend we stay? Would like to spend no more than $140 per night.

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation near Fallingwater

Check this out:

http://www.polymathpark.com/. Friends stayed there a couple years ago, after touring Fallingwater. If you're major Wright fans, an overnight stay here might enhance your experience.

Our friends thought it was fairly uncomfortable and overpriced. But reviews here are pretty good:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g30008-d67…

It'd certainly be a unique experience. Hope you'll post a Trip Report and/or a hotel review regardless of where you stay.

pittsburgh pa
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation near Fallingwater

there are few options all within a half hour drive to Fallingwater. Seven springs mountain resort is a popular ski resort in the area that has an indoor pool, gym, restaurant etc. If you want a more posh locale you can go to Nemicolan Woodlands resort, its five star luxury resort but I think rooms start around $250 there. There is also the Log Cabin Motel which is just that a huge log cabin, with cozy, rustic rooms complete with deer antler chandeliers and a little zoo in the backyard. My family and I stayed there about two years ago and were woken by lions roaring around 7am. There are also a few bed and breakfasts in the area if you want to go that route. The area around Fallingwater is called the Laurel Highlands, go to laurelhighlands.org for a complete guide to accomidations in the area. If you have time check out Ohiopyle state park just minutes from Fallingwater, beautiful waterfall, whitewater rapids and wildflower covered trails along the river.

Edited: 29 March 2010, 14:55
Morgantown WV
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation near Fallingwater

If you're looking to stay somewhere for less than $140 and don't mind a little bit of driving, I recommend staying at the Inn at Watson's Choice in Uniontown, PA. It's about 20 minutes to Fallingwater. It's a cute little Bed and Breakfast for around $130 a night. I've stayed there a few times for weekend getaways and it's a great place. They have some packages for Fallingwater too if you check their website.

Also, Summit Inn at the top of Route 40 in Uniontown is a gorgeous place. It has a lot of charm. It has a package for around $140 a night that includes your room and breakfast, or just rooms for around $120.

As to the recommendations for Nemacolin, while it is in fact a lovely resort(used to work there), you'd be lucky to find a room for less than $300 in June. Even during the off-season(Oct-Apr), Nemacolin is high-cost. I'm pretty sure Seven Springs is much the same that time of year.

If you're looking for just straightforward hotels, I recommend Fairfield Inn in Uniontown, it runs anywhere from $95 - $150 a night, also Holiday Inn runs for $120 to $140, and it has an indoor pool.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation near Fallingwater

Thanks to you all for your very helpful replies.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation near Fallingwater

There is a small cafe at Fallingwater with good food and it is worth eating there even if only to prolong your stay in the beautiful surroundings. Also, the gift shop is very nice.

6. Re: Accommodation near Fallingwater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 07:17