We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay?

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pennsylvania
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where to stay?

If we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Greentree is there anyway we could get downtown or to one of the inclines without having to take our car or would it just be easier to book a hotel downtown??

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
276 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay?

Hi,

I am from England and once stayed at the Best Western in Greentree and know there is decent public transport to Down Town,from where you can get a bus / T Train to the Incline.

I was in Pittsburgh last week and although parking is reasonable in Pittsburgh ( $5 after 4 pm ),driving is a bit of a nightmare ,as there is lots of roadworks going on with the new subway being built...right in the heart of the Downtown area,and quite a few diversions.

Sorry I cannot be of more help but it's a great City and the Incline is a must do and you may wish to consider a River Trip from Station Square.

You can get information on Bus Times from the Pittsburgh Port Authority on line,though it was only 2 miles through the Fort Pitt Tunnel to Downtown from the Best Western Inn and a cab might be worth considering.I usually stay outside the Downtown area as hotels are usually expensive but I hear the Hampton Inn is a great place.

Regards

Edited: 22 May 2010, 16:43
Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay?

Iris, you can definately get downtown or to the South Side without having to drive. Check with your hotel to see if they provide shuttle service - many in Greentree do.

3. Re: where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2010, 05:18