We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to park for baseball game -July 3-4

harrisburg,pa
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to park for baseball game -July 3-4

My first trip to Pittsburgh-going to baseball games July 3rd and 4th-someone posted about free parking, I think it was near the childrens museum, help -not able to find the post.

I'm staying at the Hampton Inn/Greentree-any advise on driving,places to eat(mom and pop places) things to see-

Thanks so much for any help I get

Tarentum,Pa
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to park for baseball game -July 3-4

I can only help with the parking as I`m not too familiar with the area that you`re staying. I use a parking garage at the end of the Clemente Bridge which is a short and pleasant stroll across the bridge to PNC park. The usual rate at this garage is $5 for event parking.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to park for baseball game -July 3-4

I don't think you're going to find ANY free parking on the North Shore. If you don't want to pay for parking, your hotel should have a shuttle that will run you downtown and you can walk across the Clemente Bridge. But if either are night games you may want to confirm with your hotel whether they will pick you up again when the game is over.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,517 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to park for baseball game -July 3-4

Question comes up time to time, so I googled and here is what it says:

"Free Airport Shuttle to and from the Pittsburgh International Airport, Allegheny General Hospital, downtown Pittsburgh, the stadiums, Mt Washington and Station Square. "

I would guess that hours are limited and probably 1st come, 1st served - but a good option. http://www.hamptoninnpittsburghgreentree.com/

harrisburg,pa
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to park for baseball game -July 3-4

Thanks,walking across the bridge sounds like the best plan.--I saw an old post that said never pay for parking for a baseball game-not knowing Pittsburgh I thank you all for the help-any suggestions will be greatly appreciated-I'm not getting my bearing -How far is PNC park from the strip? station square? the boat show? is it best to walk or try to drive or maybe the bus?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to park for baseball game -July 3-4

Here's a map of downtown Pittsburgh that may help you get your bearings:

downtownpittsburgh.com/_files/docs/free_fare…

The Strip District is above the upper right corner of the map. Walking distance from PNC Park to the heart of the Strip District is a bit under two miles.

Station Square is shown at the bottom of the map, and is linked to downtown by light rail:

portauthority.org/PAAC/…Default.aspx

The Gateway Clipper Fleet provides shuttle service from a dock at Station Square to all Pittsburgh Pirates home games at PNC Park.

gatewayclipper.com/PITTSBURGHPIRATESPNCPARKS…

harrisburg,pa
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to park for baseball game -July 3-4

Thanks so much Charefex-that helps alot

WV
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to park for baseball game -July 3-4

Sounds like you may have noticed the Regatta is that weekend! Be sure to allow extra time to get around town and catch a few of the events-

8. Re: Best place to park for baseball game -July 3-4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2010, 06:21