We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Bars near Heinz field

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
76 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/Bars near Heinz field

My friend and I are coming to Pittsburgh Thanksgiving night for the PITT football game that Friday. We would like to go out to some bars that night (if they are open) and I am wondering when I go to Hotwire and search Downtown Area, will that put us in a good area to the stadium and the bars? Thanks.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Bars near Heinz field

Search the North Shore, not downtown. There are plenty of places from McFadden's to Bettis Grille 36.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,769 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Bars near Heinz field

When you submit your request on Hotwire, make sure to only submit "downtown" Pittsburgh. I haven't seen any reported bids or wins from either Hotwire or Priceline at the hotels near the ballpark. You can check this site, to be sure.

www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=90

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
76 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/Bars near Heinz field

Thanks for the replies. The best deal is downton Pittsburgh 4 * $99. How far of a ride is it over to station square/carson st?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/Bars near Heinz field

It's a very short drive, probably less than 5 minutes with no traffic maybe less depending on where your hotel is located. There is also the option of taking the T over (Pittsburgh version of a subway). It'll drop you off across the street from Station Square. Be sure to check when the last stop is. If you are planning on drinking, it may be best to take a cab. I'm pretty sure it would be fairly easy to get a cab on Carson Street, but I would take a phone number just in case. Also, if you are planning to drive to Carson St, make sure you park legally...they've been really cracking down on illegal parking in that area.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,769 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/Bars near Heinz field

$99 is probably a good deal for a 4* for the holiday weekend. Most of the downtown hotels operate a local shuttle that will take you in a 1-3 mile radius. You can probably take a shuttle over and a cab back. In addition to Station Square, you should also consider SouthSide Works - there is the Hofbrauhaus Pittsburgh, which attracts a pretty fun crowd and it's closer to walk the Carson Street bars from SS Works.

6. Re: Hotel/Bars near Heinz field

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2011, 06:45