We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown vacation rental over Thanksgiving weekend?

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canton, OH
Level Contributor
242 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown vacation rental over Thanksgiving weekend?

Our family (two adults, three young kids) will be in Pittsburgh over Thanksgiving and the weekend after. I've booked a room at the Residence Inn on Thanksgiving night, but I was hoping to find somewhere a little more economical the following two nights (plus, I think the Residence Inn is now sold out on Friday and Sat.). We want to be able to walk a lot of places, if possible, but we'll also have our car. We like to have a separate bedroom rather than just one regular hotel room, and a kitchenette is always handy.

Does anyone know of any condo or vacation rentals right downtown that rent by the night? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown vacation rental over Thanksgiving weekend?

I don't know about vacation rentals, but there is a Springhill Suites on the North Shore - have you checked there for availability?

Canton, OH
Level Contributor
242 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown vacation rental over Thanksgiving weekend?

Thanks for the response. I have checked out Springhill Suites, but the cheapest I could find for the room we want is $199/night--I didn't want to spend that much if we don't have to. We might have to suck it up and just get a standard room (not a suite) somewhere, although our three year old sleeps so much better in her pack and play if she's separated from her brothers!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown vacation rental over Thanksgiving weekend?

Try the Greentree area then. I'm not sure if there are suites hotels there, but whatever you find will most certainly be less expensive than downtown.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
782 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown vacation rental over Thanksgiving weekend?

Haven't had any dealings with these folks, they seem to have a three-night minimum, and most of their locations seem to be outside Downtown Pittsburgh, but it might be worth a call:

vacationhomerentals.com/vacation-rentals/Pit…

Canton, OH
Level Contributor
242 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown vacation rental over Thanksgiving weekend?

Thanks for the link! I googled them and sent them an inquiry, to see if they'd consider a two-night stay. Looks there are a couple of places downtown.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown vacation rental over Thanksgiving weekend?

Here's another one to try:

vrbo.com

7. Re: Downtown vacation rental over Thanksgiving weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2011, 05:17