We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend With Kids, Hotels close to museums?

evansville, in
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Weekend With Kids, Hotels close to museums?

Bringing the kids to Pittsburgh for a weekend in Mid Feb. I plan on hitting The Carnegie Museum of Natural History & The Carnegie Muesum of Science, and maybe the Zoo. Not sure where to stay, or how to get around town. I'm driving in, but would love to take the subway if possibe. Any suggestions?

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend With Kids, Hotels close to museums?

The subway has an amazingly short range, it will not take you to the places you want to go. If you stay in Oakland you can walk to the Natural History Museum, which is connected to the Art Museum; Phipps Conservatory, and the Pitt Nationality Rooms. The zoo is a short and easy drive from Oakland. The Science Center is over on the North Side, not a long drive either, and near the Children's Museum and the National Aviary.

Some hotels have shuttles but if you're traveling with several children, I think just driving will be the simplest. Just get good directions to each place and you'll be fine. The distances are short.

Hope you enjoy the trip.

evansville, in
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend With Kids, Hotels close to museums?

Thank You! We're really excited! That helps ALOT! :)

3. Re: Weekend With Kids, Hotels close to museums?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 13:19