We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel room with a view

Pa
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Hotel room with a view

My husband and I are planning a small getaway to Pittsburgh for our anniversary.

Can anyone recommend a hotel that has a fairly nice view? (view of the city... view of the water... we dont care what the view is, we just want a half decent view). We're planning on just one evening in Pittsburgh, a nice dinner, maybe go out for a bit afterwards.

I'd love to have a pool or jacuzzi tub in the hotel... but I could live without those if need be. Any suggestions?

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel room with a view

The Renaissance Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh has some good views; so would the Sheraton at Station Square but the Renaissance gets much better reviews.

Saxonburg...
Level Contributor
329 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel room with a view

We like to get a corner/river view room at the Renaissance. The blue lights reflecting off the water from PNC Park is very nice at night. The corner rooms are larger too.

We have not stayed at the Fairmont yet. They have room rates for different views on their website; but they seem a bit pricey for us, and we like getting Marriott points. We've eaten at the restaurant there for breakfast once. The restaurant was okay. The hotel seems very nice; but a bit too modern for our taste.

If you get a chance, have breakfast at the William Penn hotel. It's very nice. We think it's more romantic and we like their breakfast better than the Renaissance.

3. Re: Hotel room with a view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 06:16