We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

least rainy month in summer

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nyc
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
least rainy month in summer

im having a wedding on my property outside Pitt next summer, i havent lived there in over 10 years and know Pitt area is a rainy place, from your experience which month tends to be least rainy, june july or aug,

if it rains in augs does it pass over or rain all day n night, its an outdoor wedding so im crossing my fingers for sunny skies

thanks

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: least rainy month in summer

Look up the trip planner feature on www.wunderground.com. It will give you the statistical data for a particular period of time, and that is going to be more accurate than individual opinions on what is, after all, something that can be measured.

Sometimes we'll get a couple rainy days, and we get some thunderstorms in the summer. Definitely can't count on great weather even if on average we have very nice summers (IMO).

Good luck!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: least rainy month in summer

I'd say August is the least rainy. We definitely get droughts.

Weather.com has historical data. Here's the link to monthly graphs: weather.com/outlook/…15203

August is the driest of the 3!

Pittsburgh, PA...
Level Contributor
262 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: least rainy month in summer

I work in the construction industry, and our work schedules are extremely weather-dependent, so I am very aware of how the weather changes through the summer. On average, August is definitely the driest, however you should also take note of the following. July and August are more likely to have short, but heavy, downpours in thunderstorms. June is more likely to have all-day rain, but also has occasional downpours in thunderstorms. June is the transition month, climatologically, from beautiful cool sunny days and all-day spring rains to hazy, hot and humid days with short bursts of thunderstorms. It is likely that the grass will be green through all of June and into mid-July, but by August, the heat and limited rain will result in brown lawns. High temps in June can vary greatly, with 60s or 90s a possibility, but upper 70s to low 80s likely. July typically is in the low to mid 80s, with some 90 degree days. Expect highs in the mid to upper 80's through most of August, with the possibility of low 90's. By late August, it is possible to start seeing occasional cooler weather, but not likely.

4. Re: least rainy month in summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 14:18