We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pittsburgh-where to stay

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Pittsburgh-where to stay

I am going to pass through Pittsburgh with my fiancé and will

be there from about 4 one afternoon until about noon or so the next day. I would like to take her to Primantis and on the Incline . I was hoping to find a hotel where it would be possible and safe to walk to Primantis and some other sites or areas.Any suggestions of hotels that meet this criteria would be greatly appreciated.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pittsburgh-where to stay

The original and funkiest Primanti's is at 18th and Smallman, in the Strip District. If you stay at the Hampton Inn Suites you're at about 12th Street, so it is easily walkable.

Downtown has some sights, and Market Square is getting to be a good destination, with the ice rink at PPG nearby too.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
196 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pittsburgh-where to stay

I agree with Needsavacation Hampton Inn Suites would be good for walking to Primanti's in the strip.

Are you traveling through the holidays?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,719 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pittsburgh-where to stay

Also, just a couple blocks towards downtown there are a couple hotels near the David L. Lawrence Convention Center including a Courtyard by Marriott. One other option is on the South Side where the inclines are located. There is a Primanti's at 19th and Carson and a Holiday Inn Express at 10th. Although, if you're looking for easier access to downtown, the Hampton or Courtyard are better options.

4. Re: Pittsburgh-where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2012, 10:16