We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pit airport - things to do in area?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
392 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Pit airport - things to do in area?

I will be staying out by the airport and need to kill a few hours in the afternoon.... is there anything nearby that doesn't require an expensive cab ride? Any thoughts at all would be appreciated.....

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pit airport - things to do in area?

Robinson Town Center is a nearby shopping area, uninteresting in my opinion, just chain stores and chain restaurants. Useful sometimes, but nothing special. Probably would be cheaper to rent a car for a day if there is something you want to see, or take the 28X bus from the airport to downtown Pittsburgh, that only costs $3.25 I believe. Unlike Philadelphia, we have no train to the airport.

Or you could take the 28X bus to Oakland, go to Phipps Conservatory, Carnegie Art Museum, see the Pitt Nationality Rooms.

Here is the bus schedule:http://www.portauthority.org/paac/apps/pdfs/28X.pdf

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
392 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pit airport - things to do in area?

Thanks so much! The bus is so more my speed monetarily.... KW

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,761 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pit airport - things to do in area?

It's hard to kill time in Moon unless you're looking for food. Robinson is probably the best bet this time of year. You can catch a movie at Settlers Ridge and grab a bite at several restaurants there if you have the time. How long will you be in the area?

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pit airport - things to do in area?

your hotel might have a shuttle that goes to the Mall at Robinson or any of the areas shopping centers.

5. Re: Pit airport - things to do in area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2013, 10:19