We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting CMU and Duquesne University/Lunch Recommendation.

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ligonier...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visiting CMU and Duquesne University/Lunch Recommendation.

We will be visiting CMU at 10:30am (weekday) for a tour of the music department and campus. We also have a campus tour and meeting with the music department at Duquesne at 2pm. We will probably have 90 minutes to get from one campus to the other, and grab a quick bite for lunch as well. Any recommendations? A good hamburger or sandwich would probably be perfect. Thanks.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting CMU and Duquesne University/Lunch Recommendation.

Right off of Fifth Avenue as you head inbound from CMU to Duquesne is a Five Guys at 117 Bouquet St. Traffic is always a mess, and parking is worse, but they have wonderful burgers.

Also, when my son was at Duquesne a few years ago I seem to remember a Subway right on campus.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting CMU and Duquesne University/Lunch Recommendation.

I am a fan of Five Guys, but if you're looking for a Pittsburghy type place, the Original Hot Dog shop has great fries and an award winning kosher hot dog and a very funky atmosphere. If you like dives, you'll like the O. Located at the corner of Bouquet and Forbes Ave, two doors down from Five Guys.

The Union Grill on Craig Street (between Forbes and Fifth, just down from CMU) has good sandwiches and burgers, and is a nice little pub kind of place. Not fancy, but has some charm. And it IS fancy compared to the O.

There is a new place called the Porch at Schenley Plaza which is on Forbes Ave. between Carnegie Museum and Hillman Library, past Craig Street but before the O if you're heading from CMU towards town. I haven't been there for lunch, but dinner was good and it is a nice space. More modern than the other two suggestions I have made.

There are tons of places around, I think there are a bunch of food trucks at CMU which are probably interesting too.

Good luck with your visit.

3. Re: Visiting CMU and Duquesne University/Lunch Recommendation.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:43