We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting falling waters from Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh...
4 posts
Save Topic
Visiting falling waters from Pittsburgh

Hi, I have a problem! I am staying at hotel in Pittsburgh, and I don't drive in USA as I am a tourist. Yellow cab is too costly.( $500 two ways) . Is there any other arrangement? Or is there anybody in the city who would like to share a cab? Avi

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting falling waters from Pittsburgh

There are no scheduled tours to Falling Waters. The only way you can get there is to rent a car. Do you have a license from your home country?

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting falling waters from Pittsburgh

Call the limo services, maybe they'd be cheaper than a cab. Always amazing to me that there is no regular bus tour to Fallingwater.

Pittsburgh...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting falling waters from Pittsburgh

Hi, thanks for quick reply. Unfortunately I don't have international driving licence. Of course I have driving licence of my country, ie India, but since I don't have experience of left hand driving, I won't risk it. Thanks anyways. Avinash

Pittsburgh...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting falling waters from Pittsburgh

Hi, ok, I will inquire about limo in the morning. Thank you. Avinash

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,524 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting falling waters from Pittsburgh

Perhaps your hotel can recommend a driver. I visited Falling Water recently and it is definitely worth the trip if you can arrange it. I rented a car.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting falling waters from Pittsburgh

You might try calling the Group Tour Office at Fallingwater (724-329-8501) to inquire if there is an organized group bus tour from Pittsburgh scheduled during your stay.

I heard of two instances where this worked out for visitors who were without private transportation to Fallingwater, but were able to hitch a lift with a local group that had room on their bus.

Might be a busload of Church Ladies, but might also be Architectural Students. Ya takes yer chances. . . . Good Luck!

Pittsburgh...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting falling waters from Pittsburgh

Hi all, finally I made it! Been to Falling Waters! Experience was worth d expences. Now gong to Buffalow, will b there for 4 days. Apart from Nigara from Canada side any suggestion abt local sight seeing? Also about local eating joints? Avinash N.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting falling waters from Pittsburgh

I'm glad you made it and enjoyed it so much.

Any advice to future visitors to Fallingwater based on your efforts to get there? Did you find reasonably priced transportation?

9. Re: Visiting falling waters from Pittsburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 05:16