We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few days stay with 4 yr old

Niagara Falls, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Few days stay with 4 yr old

Any suggestions on where to stay for a 2-3 day family trip? Hotel & location. Planning on going to the zoo & aviary for sure, and possible the incline. Also any suggestions on other must dos while visiting?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
24 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few days stay with 4 yr old

The zoo and aviary are good. Do the incline for sure! Other ideas:

-Check out the children's museum-the one is Pittsburgh is great. The Carnegie Museum of history also has great dino/animal displays.

-In the summers there are free movies in the park at a bunch of local parks in the evening. They are usually kid friendly. This might be a fun evening out.

-Gemini theater is a kid's theater in the area- they might have something you are interested in.

-Kennywood, our local theme park, has a kiddie land that is fun for the kids. Admission is cheaper in the evenings. Idewild, which is further out, is very kid oriented.

- For more adult enjoyment: Rent a bike from Bike Pittsburgh, if you get a pull behind you can pull your child while you enjoy taking in the city by bike. Similarly, walking the strip district on weekend morning and taking in all of the local shops are great, but may be overwhelming for a child with out a stroller or being carried.

Good Luck! If you have any other questions, message me!

Donegal;PA
Level Contributor
325 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Few days stay with 4 yr old

Check ou the Visit Pittsburgh site.

http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/essentials/

Check out the Family Fun section. All the museums, aviary, Kennywood, the Inclines, Gateway Clipper, Zoo and Aquarium are covered here. You can also view the calendar of events here and find any special events that may be happening during you visit. You have to see the new Sea Otter pup at the Zoo and Aquarium. He's a real cutie!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
96 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few days stay with 4 yr old

Try the Children's Museum (right near the Aviary) which your 4 year old will love. If you do it, bring an extra change of clothing as there is a water floor and a 4 year old will get very, very wet playing on that floor. It is its own floor so you can always avoid it if you want to.

If you are willing to drive a little ways, Living Treasures Animal Park is great for young kids -- (I-79 to 422) about 45 minutes from downtown. My children like it better than the zoo as you are much closer to the animals and you get to feed so many of them.

If you haven't been before, the zoo is on a hill so bring a stroller as my kids get tired walking it. The end of the zoo has a kid area so hang in there to the end and there are some great places to play.

I don't know if your child is a boy or girl, but if a boy, they do stroller friendly tours of PNC park on certain days and it is fun for a little boy to see all the baseball stuff.

Station Square has a Musical Fountain that kids tend to love to watch and play around - check the website and see what activities they have there.

4. Re: Few days stay with 4 yr old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 06:16