We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding favors showing flavor of the 'burgh

charlotte, north...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
wedding favors showing flavor of the 'burgh

I am getting married May 13 and want to have gift bags for out of town guests containing little trinkets from Pittsburgh, for example - a Steeler bottle opener and two IC Lites in Aluminum bottles - along that line. Any other suggestions?

Level Contributor
676 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding favors showing flavor of the 'burgh

luvbird-how about a pickle pin from Heinz? I just went on their website...heinz.com and they have lots of stuff to choose from but everyone loves a pickle pin they come in a bag of 144 for $6.00. On their website at the top, it says "shop" click on that and then at the top you can choose from different catagories, I found the pickle pin under "novelties".

Maybe something from Kennywood too and let's not forget KDKA another Pittsburgh tradition.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding favors showing flavor of the 'burgh

What a great idea! Some other suggestions:

a Super Bowl Terrible Towel ($5.00 from Mike Feinberg in the Strip);

Nicholas Coffee, in Market Square--they sell little packets of their own ground coffee, 4 for $2.49 or $2.99 (I can't remember the price exactly)

for kids--the incline sells pens with an incline that goes back and forth

I still think of Clark Bars as being a Pittsburgh thing, although I know they're not made here any more. But you can buy a lot for cheap at the Fort Pitt candy store in the Strip

Enrico Biscotti (also in the Strip) makes a wonderful variety of biscotti, and sells some mini versions which they could package for you, I'm sure.

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor