We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foliage Tour

Southern California
Level Contributor
30 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Foliage Tour

We are going to Pittsburgh in early November. I was hoping to do a day foliage tour so I don't have to rent a car. Any suggestions?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foliage Tour

Norie,

Here is a map of the city parks in Pittsburgh

…pittsburgh.pa.us/parks/assets/park-maintena…

All of these are accessible by public transit.

Southern California
Level Contributor
30 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foliage Tour

Thank you for the tip. Is there one you will recommend if I only have one day?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Foliage Tour

Schenley and Frick are the two largest and your best bets. I'm not overly familiar with the city parks so I can't really say which is better.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Foliage Tour

I fear that by early November you may find very little foliage left to see. We seem to be getting close to the full season here in the Pittsburgh area, and a couple of weeks can make a real difference.

Southern California
Level Contributor
30 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Foliage Tour

Thanks. It does seem like I will be late for fall in the Pittsburgh area. I may have to play it by ear where to go. Closer to WV maybe...

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Foliage Tour

Norie, I fear you won't see much in the way of fall foliage left after Sandy's winds. South of here received significant snowfall and the high winds have stripped trees bare in this area.

Be safe in your travels!

Southern California
Level Contributor
30 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Foliage Tour

Thank you for the wishes. I'm disappointed not to see fall colors but glad the area and its people were not devastated like farther east.

8. Re: Foliage Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 12:19