We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EARLY breakfast in Oakland near UPMC

Albany NY
Level Contributor
487 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
EARLY breakfast in Oakland near UPMC

I have a yearly study visit at UPMC. We park in the Kaufmann Garage near Montefiore.

My appointment this year begins at 8:00 a.m. Since I don't have to fast and I want to get there early to avoid some traffic, I was hoping to do breakfast in the Oakland area. Pamela's doesn't open until 7:30, which will be too late for us to eat before my appointment.

Does anyone know if any other good breakfast spots in the Fifth/Forbes area that open early enough for us to get in and out before my appointment?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Pamela's
Pamela's
490 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
Pamela's Diner
£, American, Diner
Pamela's
£, American, Diner
Central Diner & Grille
££ - £££, American, Greek, Diner
Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EARLY breakfast in Oakland near UPMC

The Porch at Schenley is a nice place in the plaza between Hillman and Carnegie libraries, off Forbes Avenue below the Cathedral of Learning. Their website says the breakfast window opens at 7 a.m. Not sure exactly what that signifies, but I've liked the food they serve later in the day!

http://www.theporchatschenley.com/

There is a Bruegger's Bagels at 3714 Forbes Avenue, closer to Montefiore, that opens at 5:30 a.m.

I'm sure there are other places, I'm never in Oakland for breakfast so really don't know what else might be available.

Mentioned in this post
The Porch at Schenley
The Porch at Schenley
381 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
2. Re: EARLY breakfast in Oakland near UPMC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 05:17