We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near stadiums

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
941 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near stadiums

Heading to Pittsburgh August 15-18....it's been a few years since we have been to Pittsburgh but I think we stayed at a Rennaissance and walked over bridge to Pirates game. Can anyone make a suggestion for a reasonably priced hotel near PNC park because i dont remember the area. Thank you for any help.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near stadiums

Your best bet might be either the Hyatt Place or the SpringHill Suites. Even at that, they're not likely to be cheap. Downtown/North Shore hotels can get expensive anyway, and with the Pirates doing well (last night's game notwithstanding), they are in higher demand than they have been in years past.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
941 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near stadiums

If I found a hotel On south shore is it less expensive but still walkable, or do I need one on north shore to b able to walk. I know pirates are playing really well that's why my son wants to go :)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,098 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near stadiums

There are only a handful of hotels on the South Side, but some of them have local hotel shuttles which can take you over to North Shore. Or take the lightrail, if you are near Station Square, walk, or hunt down a cab.

Donegal;PA
Level Contributor
323 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near stadiums

It's not inexpensive but not outrageous either but the Hampton on Smallman Street in the Strip district is close enough for walking downtown and to PNC park. Free breakfast and free parking are perks.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
941 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near stadiums

Thank you. I booked the Doubletree Suites downtown with a package including breakfast and parking for $229. It's in walking distance to PNC so it should work out great. Any recommendations for the sports museum in the Heinz Center.....is it worth a visit and how long to see it? Thank you. Also is this hotel in walking distance to The Strip? Thank you again for your input :)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
278 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near stadiums

Stayed at the Doubletree Downtown in November last year and it's a great Hotel as I'm a Hilton Hon holder( see review) ,and also they have a great front desk who are very helpful...along with a welcoming hot cookie..

The Doubletree Downtown run a shuttle so you will have no trouble getting to the Strip which is a bit of a walk from your Hotel..

PNC Park is about 20 mins walk from the Hotel,though directly across the street from your Doubletree Downtown is a "T" Station which has a free ride to the other side of the River on the subway ( being in the free downtown zone ) and just follow the crowds...though you may wish to walk back and I've always found it a safe City in my twice yearly visits over the last dozen years..

I saw the Brewers play in May and crowds are big so best get there early....Enjoy:-)

Edited: 07 August 2013, 23:02
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near stadiums

games are selling out or very close to it. I was there on Sunday and most of the stadium stayed even after the games was over to hear AJ get interviewed. It was great, in years past on a Sunday it would be crowded but most everyone was gone in the 8th.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
941 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near stadiums

Thank you we don't mind walking so that is what we will probably do but it's good to know we have an other option.

9. Re: Hotel near stadiums

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 05:17