We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giant Rubber Duck in Pittsburgh 09/27/2013 till Mid Oct.

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Topic
Giant Rubber Duck in Pittsburgh 09/27/2013 till Mid Oct.

Figured I would make a post about this since I didn't see it on here. Anyone who is planning a trip to Pittsburgh in the next 3 weeks make sure you stop by to see the giant rubber ducky. Parking downtown after 5pm and on weekends is only $5 so its another great reason to come down and visit.

wpxi.com/news/…

There are a lot of people flocking to our city to see this thing. Between the Pirates playoff run, the Steelers, Pens, all of the great art and theater in town right now, and of course the Rubber Ducky; I don't want to hear the city complain about not having any money. The amount of tax revenue coming to this city in the last 2 months as got to be tremendous.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,307 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Giant Rubber Duck in Pittsburgh 09/27/2013 till Mid Oct.

The 40 ft tall rubber ducky begins its FIRST ever visit to the USA! AND a nice addition to the Pittsburgh festival of FIRSTS!

wpxi.com/news/…

After five long years, the Pittsburgh International Festival of Firsts is back with its most eclectic lineup yet. From a forty-foot inflatable duck to indie rock cabaret, the 2013 Festival of First is bringing the most unique visual and performing artists from around the world for an extraordinary four weeks in the Steel City. Dancers, actors, video artists, and puppeteers from France, Canada, Austria, Belgium, and the Netherlands will premiere work never before seen in the U.S. in Pittsburgh’s one-of-a-kind international arts festival.

“To my knowledge, there is no other festival that does all U.S. premieres in such a concentrated period,” says Paul Organisak, Vice President, Programming at the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust. “There is nothing like the Festival of Firsts.”

The festival glides into the city September 27 with the Rubber Duck Project, a four-story, free-floating yellow duck by Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman.

"For four dizzying weeks in the fall, Pittsburgh will set the stage for international companies and artists premiering works never before seen in the United States. They will capture your imagination, challenge you to think BIG, and leave you seeing the world in an entirely new way. Theater, dance, music, performance, visual arts, the real and the surreal

merge. Deep breath. Get ready."

Read more: http://www.pifof.org/

not Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
386 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Giant Rubber Duck in Pittsburgh 09/27/2013 till Mid Oct.

Wow, thanks for posting this. I had not heard about this at all but then I don't live anywhere near Pittsburgh. I would love to see; 'It's Dark Outside' and, of course, see the Rubber Duck.

I'm hoping to make it work for the weekend of 10-12,13.

Thanks again.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Giant Rubber Duck in Pittsburgh 09/27/2013 till Mid Oct.

I just got home from the bridge party. There were so many people there. I was shocked at how many people came out to see the duck. Point state park was packed, as was both sides of the river. We were going to ride our bike there but decided not too and I am glad we didn't. There had to be close to 100k people during the 5 hour party.

4. Re: Giant Rubber Duck in Pittsburgh 09/27/2013 till Mid Oct.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:18