We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to go to Pittsburgh this weekend

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
158 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Want to go to Pittsburgh this weekend

I know it is quite last minute, hence I couldn't get any eco motels inside Pittsburgh, the motel I have in mind now is 20 min away from U of Pittsburgh based on google map, however, upon talking to a friend he said that traffic in and out the city is so bad that a 20 min trip will turn into 45 mins, my question is , we are going to be there on the Sat and Sunday, would the traffic still be bad ?

thanks. we are driving from Toronto with 2 x kids and 2 x 60+ in laws.

Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
not Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
389 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to go to Pittsburgh this weekend

Don't be discouraged when you read this but, yes, you may experience some traffic delays that will increase your travel times.

If you are coming from Toronto you should be used to traffic on major roadways. It's not anything that should ruin your trip.

Enjoy your stay.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
194 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to go to Pittsburgh this weekend

This weekend the traffic shouldn't be bad entering or leaving the university area. Sports events have the greatest impact on the city's bridge and tunnel congestion and this weekend the MLB, NFL and NHL teams all have away games. Of course there could still be accidents or bad weather that slow traffic down, but if you use Google Maps / Navigation on your phone, I've found their travel times with traffic estimates to be very accurate in Pittsburgh.

Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
3. Re: Want to go to Pittsburgh this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2014, 05:18