We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children's Museum or Science Center (plus lodging question)

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
762 posts
258 reviews
Save Topic
Children's Museum or Science Center (plus lodging question)

My nephew will be in town in a couple months, and wondering which would be a better place to go. He'll be 6 at the time. I've personally never been to the museum, and not to the science center in years, so really don't even know what to lean towards.

Also, anyone know how long it would take to walk from the Hampton by the convention center to Consol? We'll be spending the night downtown for an event at Consol, and can't decide between Hampton and Cambria. Although, will probably chose Cambria because we can probably get the T easier from there (right?) to go to the North Shore, and being right next door is awesome. I think I read there's a plaza near Consol, and I do know you can go to the North Shore for free.

Funny, living here my whole life, but don't really frequent downtown. Go to sporting events, that's it, and always just drive to the stadium lots. Now that we may actually use hotels/public transportation, I'm pretty much lost lol.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Children's Museum or Science Center (plus lodging question)

For one visit, I think you'd do well with either, but I'd probably choose the Science Center. Is he into sports? Admission to the Science Center gets you admission to Sportsworks too. We go to the Children's Museum a lot, but my son is younger. There probably isn't as much to do there, but they do have a lot of fun hands on stuff - building cars, an art studio, a workshop area where you can make all kinds of things, a water section (might be a little young for him, but who doesn't like playing in water?).

If you have an Entertainment book, I think they have a free child's admission coupon for the Children's museum.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
762 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children's Museum or Science Center (plus lodging question)

I think he'd have fun at either place, but I do think he'd enjoy the science center. Forgot about the sportsworks building. Thanks for your thoughts.

3. Re: Children's Museum or Science Center (plus lodging question)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:20