We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Browns-Steelers game

York, Pennsylvania...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Browns-Steelers game

So my dad and I are considering going to one of the Steelers/Browns games this year on either Nov. 24 in Cleveland or Dec. 29 in Pittsburgh. He is a big Browns fan and I am a big Steelers fan; this will be our first NFL game ever. However, we are currently deciding which game is the best to go to if we go. I did some research and found pros and cons for both (we live in York, PA near Harrisburg and obviously closer to Pittsburgh BUT Cleveland has better prices for tickets and we will have a much slimmer chance of experiencing snow at the time the game is played in Cleveland). Also, we found out that we could take a day trip to Pittsburgh as we are 3 ½ hours away from Heinz Field but will have to pay a $40 toll round-trip (we don’t have EZ-Pass). Likewise, we could save money on tolls going to Cleveland via I-80 but the hotel cost would offset the savings. Which game should we go to? And any hotel suggestions that aren’t terribly inflated in price but not too far away from the stadiums?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,953 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Browns-Steelers game

To ask which game to go to based on the city itself is kind of like asking which team to root for. I'd wager that Pittsburghers will lean towards Heinz FIeld and Clevelanders would lean towards First Energy Stadium. I think both cities are more similar than many people realize (or are willing to admit). Downtown hotels are a bit cheaper in Cleveland ($100 and up per night v. $126 and up in each city around the game dates) but if you stay the night in Pittsburgh outside the city, you can find significantly cheaper rates. A

s far as food and other things to do in each city, you'll find a lot of the same things. Plenty of music venues, history, and sightseeing if any of that is on your agenda. If you're just going to the game and nothing else, then it's a matter of which stadium you'd prefer to see. Being a Steelers fan, I'd pick Heinz Field. I also think there are more food/bar options in the immediate vicinity of Heinz Field as opposed to First Energy Stadium, although it is possible to walk to the higher concentration of eating establishments near Euclid Ave. (close to Progressive Field) if you wanted to.

Edited: 15 October 2013, 14:20
York, Pennsylvania...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Browns-Steelers game

I was at Pittsburgh before for a Pirates game and we stayed the night in Monroeville. Pittsburgh and vicinity is a gorgeous place and I would love to go back to the Burgh to go to the Heinz Field. The only problem is the fact that the Browns come to the town the last week of the NFL season; a time when one or both of the teams may be eliminated from the playoffs based on the current performance of both of the teams. Also, the weather may be an issue; we will not travel from York if there is extreme snow here or there. One nice thing, though, is that if we go, I wouldn't have to see a bloody Ravens game at Cincinnati (our CBS affiliate, WHP 21, is a secondary market for the Ratbirds and must show all away games).

3. Re: Browns-Steelers game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:21